European Diesel Services recently completed a major overhaul of a RUSTON 16RK270 land based generator set. The contract called for us to supply a full team of service engineers to carry out the work required and supply all spare parts required.
The scope of work required included:
- Removal of Cylinder Heads which were returned to our workshop for cleaning, inspection and overhaul with new parts
As with many overhaul projects, parts that were not expected to be worn are sometime found to be so. This is when having the world’s largest independent stock of New and Reconditioned parts for the RUSTON RK engine rage really into comes into its own as we are able to immediately supply parts required from our own stock, thus minimising downtime.
- Removal of all Pistons for cleaning, inspection and refitting with new Piston Rings
- Removal of all Coolers for return to workshop for cleaning, inspection and overhaul
- Removal of all Connecting Rods and Cylinder Liners for cleaning and inspection and replacement parts not suitable for further use
- Replacement of Main End & Large End Bearings and Large End Bolts
- Removal of NAPIER 355 Turbocharger for inspection and overhaul